Geneva Rock Concrete
Concrete is one of the most versatile and commonly used man-made materials on earth. Geneva Rock is proud to be a producer and supplier of this amazing product.
There are no secrets to quality concrete, just a commitment to consistently provide quality materials in the correct proportions, properly mixed and delivered in a timely manner.
At Geneva Rock, we know that quality aggregates are essential. The rock and sand must be clean, properly graded, free of deleterious materials, and then combined in the specified proportions.
Cement is added to the aggregate with the proper amount of water to form the paste that hardens around the rock and sand particles to make concrete as it hydrates.
Air entrainment, water reducing admixtures and other specialized products are added to the concrete to increase the durability and strength of the product.
Since 1954, Geneva Rock has been the Utah concrete company of choice for contractors who need dependability, prompt service, and the highest quality products. The tradition continues with batch plants strategically located and serviced by fleets of well maintained trucks and expert drivers.
Geneva Rock has provided concrete for most of the high-rise buildings in Salt Lake City, as well as buildings at the University of Utah, Utah Valley University, Weber State College, Brigham Young University, many high schools, and the Salt Lake International Airport parking structure and taxiway. Geneva Rock has built a strong reputation for quality products and services, delivered on time and on budget.
Just think what we can do for you.
Concrete with Core Values in Mind
When we design our concrete, we keep two of our “core values” in mind.
“Quality Products and Service at the best value”
We consistently test our products to verify that they will meet the specified strength and yield for the intended use.
“Always Give a Full Measure”
The delivery ticket for each load includes a printout of state certified scale weights that show exactly what is in each yard of concrete. If you order a 6 bag mix, you get a full measure.
To meet your needs, our Quality Control Engineers are available to design the concrete product that will meet the most stringent specifications.
Our experienced personnel can accurately batch and mix the product with our automated and computerized batching systems.
We are Utah’s concrete contractor professionals. Give Geneva Rock a call the next time your project needs concrete supply.
There is more to life than gray. Geneva Rock is proud to introduce ColorStone, the precision concrete coloring system. Choose from 64 standard colors or let our technicians create the exact color to suit your needs. ColorStone concrete can be trowel finished, broomed or stamped to create the color and texture you desire. A color chart is available to assist you in your color selection by visiting solomoncolors.com, or your Geneva Rock representative can assist you and provide a price quote for the color of your choice.
Why use ColorStone?
- No messy bags of concrete color.
- Reduced human error.
- No job time loss due to mixing of color.
- Increased color uniformity.
- No chance of finding paper from “dissolvable” bags in your concrete.
- No time lost to pick up color or release.
- No need for inventory of dry color.
- No waste of partial or broken bags that may become old or damaged.
- Reduced risk of injury from handling bags or climbing on trucks.
- Increased ability to match existing colors.
- No color wash fee.
In addition to ColorStone Concrete
In addition to ColorStone Concrete, we offer the following products to compliment and enhance your next project:
- Bubble Gum Liquid Release – This product is used as a release agent for stamping fresh concrete when a secondary color is not needed.
- Colored Release Agent – This is used for stamping fresh concrete when a secondary color is desired for the finished product; multiple release colors can be used. To view colors, visit legacycolor.com.
- Acryli-Guard Plus Concrete Sealer – This is the toughest sealer on the market today. It is a high solids, non-yellowing, clear sealer that resists oil staining and chemical attack. It has outstanding UV protection, is mildew resistant, and provides the wet look that many customers demand.
- Concrete Guard concrete sealer – Concrete Guard is a 24% high solids solvent acrylate-based product for interior or exterior concrete. It is clear, non-yellowing, and high gloss to enhance your ColorStone project.
- Shark-Grip – This micronized polymer product can be added to Acryli-Guard plus or Color Guard sealer at a ratio of 1 lb. to 5 gallons. The spherical shaped particles will give the surface of your patio, pool deck, or floor a slip resistant (not skid resistant) texture and still be friendly to your feet.
These products are available for pick-up orders at our plants in Layton, Salt Lake, Orem and Park City, Utah. For added convenience, you can also call your Geneva Rock representative or concrete dispatcher to have them delivered with your concrete order to your job.
ColorStone – Colored concrete is available in quantities of two yards or more in Weber, Davis, Morgan, Salt Lake, Utah, Summit and Wasatch Counties. Bubble-Gum liquid release, Acryli-Guard Plus, and Concrete Guard are produced by KEMCO. Shark-Grip is a product of Sherwin Williams.
Colors as viewed on monitors or individual printers are NOT accurate. Please use web-ready color cards for general color reference only. To order a color card with color swatches, please order from the Solomon Colors website under Literature & Links, or call toll free at 1-800-624-0261.
Cure & Seal
The following Cure & Seal products are available from Geneva Rock for pick-up orders at our Layton, Salt Lake, Orem and Park City, Utah plants. For your convenience, call your Geneva Rock representative or concrete dispatcher to have them delivered to your job with your concrete order.
Concrete Cure & Seal is an 18% solids, solvent and resin based product designed for freshly placed or fully cured concrete. Concrete Cure & Seal cures, hardens, and dustproofs in one easy application.
Acryli-Guard Plus concrete sealer – This is the toughest sealer on the market today. It is a high solids, non-yellowing, clear sealer that resists oil staining and chemical attack. It has outstanding UV protection, is mildew resistant, and provides the wet look that many customers demand.
Clear Seal 25 concrete sealer – Clear Seal 25 is a 24% high solids solvent acrylate-based product for interior or exterior concrete. It is clear, non-yellowing, and high gloss to enhance your ColorStone project.
Shark-Grip – This micronized polymer product can be added to Acryli-Guard plus or Color Guard sealer at a ratio of 1 lb. to 5 gallons. The spherical shaped particles will give the surface of your patio, pool deck or floor a slip resistant texture and still be friendly to your feet.
Concrete Cure & Seal, Acryli-Guard Plus, and Clear Seal 25 are produced by KEMCO. Shark-Grip is a product of Sherwin Williams.
Fiber Reinforced Concrete
G-Fiber, (Polypropylene fiber reinforcement) when added to fresh concrete at the recommended ratio of 1.5 lbs. per cubic yard can improve the quality and performance of the product in the following ways:
- G-Fiber provides three dimensional reinforcement; every cubic inch is reinforced
- Improved impact, Shatter, and Abrasion resistance
- Reduced concrete cracking as a result of intrinsic stress and plastic shrinkage
- Cracks that do occur are held together and prevented from enlarging
- Concrete with G-Fiber is less permeable to water and other fluids
- G-Fiber is corrosion resistant, alkali and rust proof
- G-Fiber is always in the correct position for code compliance
- G-Fiber is non-metallic and non-magnetic
G-Fiber will work with any mix design. The 100% virgin polypropylene fibrillated fibers work without affecting the chemical hydration of the cement or the water/cement ratio. G-Fiber is compatible with all admixtures.
The cohesive properties of G-Fibers in fresh concrete minimize the segregation of materials, improve pumpability, and improve slip-form paving or curb and gutter machine production. G-Fibers also reduce material loss and rebound in shotcrete applications.
G-Fiber is economical. The security of knowing that the concrete you purchase has secondary reinforcement from top to bottom costs less than 9 cents per square foot for a 4” slab.
Ask your Geneva Rock Representative for G-Fibers in your next order.
Note: G-Fibers will not control cracking as a result of external stress, permit decreased slab thickness, increase joint spacing, or replace any moment or structural steel reinforcement.
If you want to see welded wire mesh perform, just turn the slab over. Unfortunately you’ll find it there lying next to the base where it isn’t any help to the concrete integrity at all. You’ve purchased the material, paid for the labor, listened to the finishers complain, worried about the safety issues, and tried to keep the mesh where the engineer wanted it. In the end, it finds its way to the bottom; where it will not be of any help to the concrete structure.
Have you ever wished that you had more time to work the concrete before it started to set? Have you ever wished that there was less truck travel time to your job so you would have more time to properly consolidate the concrete and place the reinforcement steel before the concrete hardened? Do those hot summer days make you wonder how you will be able place all of the concrete you had planned?
Geneva Rock has the answer….. Time Plus. Buy yourself some time with stabilized set controlled concrete.
Geneva Rock introduces a revolutionary product that allows you the amount of time you’ll need to make sure that each job turns out perfect. Introducing Time Plus- an additive that allows you, the contractor, to decide how much time you’ll need to finish any of your concrete placement projects.
Time Plus works by stabilizing and controlling the cement hydration and proves to be beneficial in controlling rapid setting concrete. Time Plus can be added to freshly batched concrete to extend the time of the initial set by 1, 2, 3 hours or more with no adverse affects on strength, durability, or finishing characteristics.
If you want time on your side, ask your Geneva Rock representative for Time Plus and just specify how much time you need… It’s that easy.